Publishing Curvenote sites became even easier last week when we launched our new publish button in the Curvenote editor. Now we’ve added the ability to hide articles and notebooks within your project so that you can control which of these appear as pages on your published site. This allows you to keep drafts or working material within a project, without it being published to your website.
The hide option is located in the Article Settings dialog, and hidden articles in a project are identified with a visibility icon, as shown below.
Merged Repos together! 👩🔬¶
We have consolidated many of our open source repositories to simplify the experience for development and make our GitHub footprint a little bit more sensible!
- Command line tools and website utilities:
- All of the work for our scientific editor:
This has simplified the install and build experience, and will lead to speeding up things for end users as well!
Thebe Release Candidate¶
This week we published
v0.9.0-rc.0 as part of our ongoing work on the executable books codebase. While
thebe providing that connectivity while also converting code snippets on a page into Codemirror cells for editing and execution.
thebe-core out of
thebe to provide Jupyter connectivity in different application contexts, and now we’ve reintegrated that into
thebe upgrading the latter to typescript in the process, as well as introducing a bunch of improvements including better messaging and JuptyerLite support.
Check in on the status of the release candidate to integrate
Other resources from Curvenote tagged thebepublishingweeknote
A Curvenote webinar taking attendees through publishing and updating research websites directly from the Curvenote visual editor
This week we hosted a webinar showing off our new publishing in-app no-code publishing features
An orcid.org is a persistent digital identifier for researchers which is widely used. You can now conenct your ORCID account directly to your Curvenote profile.
You can now publish directly from the Curvenote platform, including setting domains in the project settings.
We added thumbnails to the article frontmatter, as well as met up with the whole Curvenote team in person for the first time!
We overhauled the curvenote.com site to make better use of the new publishing tools and CLI.