There was a lot happening behind the scenes at Curvenote this week, we have started gearing up for publishing directly from the Curvenote app to a website, which should make it really easy for scientists to create, manage and update academic sites. We have also been working on bringing our documentation and blogs directly into curvenote.com, which has meant a concerted effort to improve templates for our website as well as aggregating content from multiple Curvenote sites into a single browsing experience for a user. We see a lot of parallels to the work we are doing here to creating custom journals or internal company portals for sharing technical informations (e.g. knowledge bases).
In a lot of our conversations with people who would love to deploy their notebooks, we are always hearing about how to make it easy for readers to execute them. When you deploy a site with Curvenote you can of course build include a link to launch on mybinder.org, but the full Jupyter interface can often be intimidating for people not used to working in Jupyter. What we want is the reading experience we have in curvenote, backed by compute.
We took a big step there this week, by integrating the open-source
thebe-core project (on github) with the JupyterLite project allowing Python based notebooks to be executed in-browser, without a connection to a Jupyter server. This is leveraging some of the cutting edge changes from the Project Juptyer community and we’re excited to be able to build that into Curvenote sites soon.
Other resources from Curvenote tagged interactivemarketingweeknote
This week we hosted a webinar showing off our new publishing in-app no-code publishing features
An orcid.org is a persistent digital identifier for researchers which is widely used. You can now conenct your ORCID account directly to your Curvenote profile.
Publishing Curvenote sites became even easier last week when we launched our new publish button in the Curvenote editor.
You can now publish directly from the Curvenote platform, including setting domains in the project settings.
We added thumbnails to the article frontmatter, as well as met up with the whole Curvenote team in person for the first time!
We overhauled the curvenote.com site to make better use of the new publishing tools and CLI.